Who we are
Established in 1991, ICTA is the International Council of Chemical Trade Associations representing the interests of over 1500 chemical distributors world-wide. Today ICTA national association members have an aggregate direct turnover in excess of 55 billion euros and employ more than 70,000 employees.
The ICTA Secretariat is currently based with the National Association of Chemical Distributors (NACD) in the United States. On mid 2014 it will be handover to the European Association of Chemical Distributors (Fecc) in Brussels.
What we do
ICTA was set up to fill the need of having a world-wide chemical association coordinating work on issues and programmes of international interest across chemical trade associations. ICTA provides a platform where chemical distributors from many different sectors can meet and exchange information and best practises. ICTA also advocates for its members on a global scale.
ICTA's objectives are to:
- represent chemical traders and distributors on key issues with international bodies;
- identify topics of importance and facilitate information sharing on positions and developments;
- set priorities in order to focus resources on prime critical issues;
- promote the spirit, principals and practices of Responsible Care and Responsible Distribution world-wide;
- promote international free trade and fair competition within the framework of the World Trade Organisation (WTO);
- exchange knowledge and best practices; also to discuss problems of an international dimension relating to chemical distribution and trade.